It’s Friday! Our favorite time to wind down from the week with Hempathy Therapy Cream and some healthy goodies. There’s no place like home, and this evening we’ll be trying out this delicious dip from Lily of @KaleAndCaramel.
Ever since we saw this gorgeous spread of healthy veggies with a decadent-but-no-guilt dip, we have been plotting a snack for our Friday night in. Below is Lily’s recipe, and visit her blog for endless ideas for snacks and meals that are as pretty as they are tasty. Here’s her take on a perfectly garlicky, tangy, basil-blended pesto yogurt dip to pair with your ultimate veggie platter.
Prep Time 15 minutes
- 2 cups Siggi's 4% plain whole-milk yogurt
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons stoneground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon + a few pinches sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- small fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- fresh crunchy veggies, like carrots, beets, peas, green beans, cucumber, endive, broccolini, and more
Make the yogurt dip.
- Place the yogurt, basil, garlic, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor, and blend until completely smooth and pale green. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Make your ultimate veggie platter.
- Clean and prep your favorite veggies to your liking (peel, trim, slice, and chop as desired), then arrange on a large board, varying colors and textures. Don't forget to leave room for your bowl of dip!
- Dig in! If you want to prep your veggie platter ahead of time, seal it up with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until your guests arrive. It's important to keep it airtight so the veggies don't dry out. If anything looks a little pale or dry, simply give it a spritz of water before serving.