6 Practical Tips to Staying Positive
Blog | January 14, 2018
Positive thinking actually increases your likelihood of success. We understand that staying joyful requires a little extra effort, so we’ve pulled together a list of practical tips to keeping your mental energy in check.
1. ADOPT A MANTRA FOR MEDITATION: A mantra is a sound, word or phrase that’s repeated during prayer or meditation. Think: “I am healthy and whole.” Mantras can change depending on your needs for the day or week. We suggest thinking about what you want to focus on during your quiet time. Adding in a daily or weekly mantra helps you actively change your mood or circumstance, with the power of your words. Here’s one we love: “I release control and invite love, awareness and adventure into my life.”
2. INCORPORATE CBD: CBD Hemp extract is a powerful oil derived from the hemp plant. It’s also one of the central ingredients in Hempathy. The extract has been known to relieve stress, anxiety, pain, all of which can contribute to depression and negative feelings. You can easily incorporate CBD into your daily regimen by applying Hempathy everyday, but you should also consider using a CBD tincture every morning. Just a few drops under your tongue provides an antioxidant boost that improves your health and your mood.
3. REDUCE OVERWHELM WITH ORGANIZATION: It can be hard to stay positive when you’re incredibly overwhelmed. We get it. Your calendar is full and your tasks are never ending, but there’s a simple way to maintain your joy: Try to stay organized. Many can attest to the fact that it’s not necessarily the amount of work that’s keeping you on edge, it’s the fact that you don’t know where or how to start. Utilize lists, and try to spend a little extra time planning how you’ll execute. Having a plan will help you feel prepared and strong.
4. REMAIN GRATEFUL: Life is full of ups and downs, right? Sometimes it can feel like everything is attempting to steal your smile, but consider practicing gratitude as a response to life’s difficulties. If you happen to get a flat tire, respond with the thought, “I am grateful that I have the means to fix my tire.” By replacing negative thoughts with gratefulness, you’ll allow yourself to see the bright side instead of the problem.
5. INDULGE IN BEAUTIFUL IMAGERY: Do you surround yourself with beautiful things? Whether it’s a painting, interesting fabrics or your favorite artsy Instagram account, keeping visually stimulating things around helps enhance your outlook. These things remind us of the beauty that exists around us, and we feel positively recharged.
6. CREATE SOMETHING: Nothing makes you feel happier than creating something you love. Feelings of stagnancy can be remedied by writing that book of short stories, making those beauty products you love, or diving into a passion project. Having a creative outlet makes you feel like you’re contributing to the world.
How do you stay positive?
Image: Spotted on Pinterest @ Vin Van DeSign